New Reporting Standards – additional seminars in October
The External Reporting Board (XRB), in conjunction with Charities Services are holding seminars to update registered charities on the new accounting requirements that become mandatory in 2015. I would strongly encourage you to attend or become part of the webinar.
The XRB is managing the registration process for the seminars. Click here to go to XRB’s website for seminar locations and times, and to register for a seminar.
Webinar 29 October
There will also be a two-hour webinar on Wednesday the 29th of October at 9am. This is a live web broadcast of the presentations that will be made at next month’s seminars. Anyone can register for the webinar, and once you are registered you will be able to ask questions during the broadcast. You can register at the webinar registration page. The webinar will be published at a later date on the XRB website.
About the seminars
The free, two-hour seminars are aimed at registered charities with annual operating expenditure less than $2 million. These charities will be able to report using Simple Format Reporting standards.
The seminars will include:
- The new legislative requirements for registered charities to follow XRB Accounting Standards from 1 April 2015
- An overview of the Simple Format Reporting Standards
- How the final standards differ from the proposed standards as a result of consultation with the sector during 2013 (which was the focus of the last seminar series)
- What charities need to do now to get ready to apply the Simple Format Reporting Standards next year, and
- Future opportunities to learn more about the standards and how to apply them.
If you have any questions about registering for these seminars, please email the External Reporting Board at firstname.lastname@example.org