The Connexional Office are looking at providing some Treasurer training which will include question and answer sessions in Auckland in either February or March of this year. The timing and number of sessions (and their length) will depend upon demand and what material you wish to cover. Our thinking at the moment is to hold the training sessions on Monday 27 February and, if necessary Tuesday 28 February but these dates are not set in stone.
We would travel to Auckland and stay for two days so could run sessions in the afternoon of one day, the evening and the following morning or some combination.
We will be focusing the training on Xero (beginner, intermediate and advanced), financial reporting as well as general “treasurer” type topics but other topics can be added, if needed.
To start with, we would like to know whether you would be interesting in attending a session and what topics of a general and specific nature you would like to know about. As a starting point, here is a list of what we have come up with.
- Who and What are related party transactions and how should I show them in my financial statements?
- What is a “commitment” for the purposes of financial statements at the end of the year?
- Do we need to put into our annual accounts?
- Who can audit and review our annual accounts?
It would be helpful for our planning if you could let us know if you would be interested in attending one (or more) of the sessions listed below
- Xero – beginner session for those who do not currently use Xero
- Xero – intermediate session for those who have been using Xero for up to a year
- Xero – advanced session for those who have been using Xero for more than a year
- Year-end financial reporting
- Question & answer session